This hotel was built on land that was owned by Joseph Faust. Joseph had built two houses side by side one being owned by him and the other being owned by his son Walter. Joseph's estate made the offer of the land and the share holders took it. His house was purchased by a Dr. Frueholz and moved down the street. Eventually Walter Faust's house was purchased by they First Protestant Church and moved.
This hotel was built by a company of businessmen in the town that knew the town needed a hotel for travel's passing through the town.
This hotel opened its doors known as the Traveler's Hotel. This hotel opened it's doors in 1929, sadly it was opened two weeks before the stock market crash. It was leased for 15 years by Nagel and Wuest out of San Antonio who agreed to furnish the hotel. The hotel was booked at its grand opening and was still unfurnished and the First National Bank of New Braunfels agreed to pay supplier's hoping to be reimbursed, this never happened. Eventually the contract was ended with Nagel and Wuest and the company took the hotel back with plans to sell it. In 1933 Walter Faust died and Hanno Faust was elected president of the company and was given full power over the hotel.
In 1946 Milton Dietz became president of the company and general manager of the Faust Hotel until 1947 when the hotel was purchased Arlon Krueger who retained the hotel till 1977.
The hotel was sold in 1977 to Jackson and Houser and they began a restoration project.
During the downturn in the economy , Mr. Faust made sure the hotel survived. It helped that during World War II the servicemen would use the hotel to commit or marry their girlfriends before being shipped off to battle. Dubbing the Hotel the Honeymoon Capitol of Texas.
In 2009 the hotel and brewing company was purchased by a company based in New Braunfels. It has slowly gone under renovations to bring it up to code and furnish the rooms back to the 1920's era.